While I was away in Alaska last week, Sully learned to email. Every night, he would email me with an update of his day's activities. He would also attach pictures, because he insisted that Mom take pictures every day so that I wouldn't forget what he looked like, or miss anything important. I'm positive the child is gifted.
Here is the first day's email:
Hi Dad,
You’ve only been gone since this morning, but we miss you a lot already. Mom cried in the car after she dropped you off at the airport, because she held it as long as she could... She didn’t want you to see her cry while you were leaving for your trip. Other than that little bit of a rough start to our day, it’s been really good.
Grandma came today, so we had to go to the airport twice. That wasn’t my favorite, because the elevator at the airport was broken, so Mom had to carry me in my stroller up and down the stairs. She’s strong as an ox, Dad. If I were you, I’d be careful. She could beat you up! I mean, I know she wouldn’t, but she could. Scary strong, I tell ya.
After we picked Grandma up, we went to Cheesecake Factory for lunch. Not really all that exciting for me, but the ladies seemed to enjoy it. Then we went to Babies R Us. Ugh. Thankfully, Grandma stayed in the car with me while Mom went in to get what she needed. She got a couple things for my stroller, so now I don’t have to sit on a blanket. That’s pretty sweet. Will you take me for a ride when you get home? You’ll like what she’s done with it. She also got a sunshade for the car window, some other crap, and... best of all... she got me a new toy and a new book. The attached pictures show me and Grandma with my new toy, Lola the Lobster. She counts to five in English and Spanish. She’s red... and I think she’s kinda pretty. Maybe she’ll be my girlfriend. I don’t know... I’m kinda shy to ask her, but I will keep you posted on how that’s going, ok? The book is a cool book about things on a farm, and it has stuff I can touch. I like that. You can see my new book in one of the pictures too.
You’ve only been gone since this morning, but we miss you a lot already. Mom cried in the car after she dropped you off at the airport, because she held it as long as she could... She didn’t want you to see her cry while you were leaving for your trip. Other than that little bit of a rough start to our day, it’s been really good.
Grandma came today, so we had to go to the airport twice. That wasn’t my favorite, because the elevator at the airport was broken, so Mom had to carry me in my stroller up and down the stairs. She’s strong as an ox, Dad. If I were you, I’d be careful. She could beat you up! I mean, I know she wouldn’t, but she could. Scary strong, I tell ya.
After we picked Grandma up, we went to Cheesecake Factory for lunch. Not really all that exciting for me, but the ladies seemed to enjoy it. Then we went to Babies R Us. Ugh. Thankfully, Grandma stayed in the car with me while Mom went in to get what she needed. She got a couple things for my stroller, so now I don’t have to sit on a blanket. That’s pretty sweet. Will you take me for a ride when you get home? You’ll like what she’s done with it. She also got a sunshade for the car window, some other crap, and... best of all... she got me a new toy and a new book. The attached pictures show me and Grandma with my new toy, Lola the Lobster. She counts to five in English and Spanish. She’s red... and I think she’s kinda pretty. Maybe she’ll be my girlfriend. I don’t know... I’m kinda shy to ask her, but I will keep you posted on how that’s going, ok? The book is a cool book about things on a farm, and it has stuff I can touch. I like that. You can see my new book in one of the pictures too.

The other pictures are:-of me and Grandma getting re-acquainted. Boy, I’ve missed her. She’s soft, and sweet, and she smells like a Grandma. (That’s a good smell, by the way.)
-of me stretching my arms over my head when I was waking up from a nap. Again, something I do all the time. She muttered something about how she knows that you think that’s “so cute” while she was taking the picture. I mean, really... I take a crap and she thinks it’s cute. I sure do have it good.
-of me sucking on my finger. Mom thought that was really cute, so she took a picture of it. I don’t know why she was so impressed. I mean, I do it all the time. But whatever makes her happy, and keeps her from crying cause you’re not here. Women. Sheesh.
Well, it is getting late so I better get to bed. Mom has to work tomorrow. I’m staying with Grandma tomorrow. Hopefully she will play with Lola the Lobster with me. Whoa. I gotta quit thinking about that Lola, or else I won’t be able to sleep! We hope you are having an awesome time in Alaska, and that you are catching lots of fish. We also hope someone is taking lots of pictures of you while you are gone, pictures with all your fish, and with all your cool new Fish Pond stuff.
Will write more tomorrow. Headed to bed now in my new larger swaddle suit (another thing mom got at Babies R Us). Lots more room. Now I can stretch my feet out. It’s good.
Night night, Dad.
Love you... the most!
Sully and Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment